Life Enrichment and Pre-Vocational Services
Life Enrichment programs
In many situations, United Cerebral Palsy Team Members participate in services that combine vocational training, and life enrichment programs. The life enrichment program may include: community based recreational and social opportunities, vocational exploration, educational programs, cooking classes, hiking, swimming, and accessing the Internet in our computer labs.
Some people with developmental disabilities may not be involved in a vocational program. They may need assistance with independent living skills before they start training for a job, or they may be past working age and want some help with learning to enjoy their retirement years.
- UCP helps people learn the skills and address barriers to begin vocational training.
- A person-directed plan is developed with each individual.
- A Positive Behavior Supports Team may be involved to address specific barriers.
- Specialized support services are provided to people with a history of involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Vocational activities are introduced and necessary life skills are taught to integrate people into the community.
UCP helps people to enjoy and savor retirement. A variety of activities are planned based on each individual’s interests. We focus on continued community involvement.